Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Ugh Back to More Lows Overnight

The nights were going so well for a little bit then I am back to the low alert around midnight or if I reduce the insulin I am around 170-180 till around 12:30pm. Then I am dropping again at 4am I have reduced the insulin rates but if I drop it too low then I am moving back up higher fairly quickly. So I have to figure a way to work around these two time periods where my body seems to want to be low every night. I know the night lows have been an issue on and off for quite a while but I do not seem to be able to find the good spot where I am in normal range most nights. I also find that if I can sleep through the night I will have less lows during the days so I need to keep working on getting things adjusted or I might just have to run my blood sugars higher at night but I am also not a fan of running it higher either. I know that will affect my A1c numbers. I know normally I am able to make some adjustments over a week or two and find the right changes and then I seem to be fine.

Sadly this time I think I am going to have to come up with an out of box plan to deal with the craziness I am experiencing. Thankfully everything is manageable but lows can really drag you down after a while. I am not frustrated currently but I am really wanting to find a solution to this issues so I can relax a little more. I know Duchess is tired as well and I would like to keep the lows to a minimum if at all possible. Life would be much simpler with a reduction in these lows. I know traveling at Christmas time I tend to have more lows and I need to get things as smooth as possible. I am always worried about bad lows while traveling as a single woman but thankfully Duchess does keep me safe but recent events have shaken my confidence a bit in some ways. I know Duchess is awesome but I know I can't make that fear go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment