Thursday, December 5, 2013

Surprised by My Reaction

The whole fiasco about the dog toys and bones that were complained about is officially over as of today. The door was installed and there is already some benefits I am seeing already. The biggest difference is the fact that Duchess seems so much more at ease with having the door in place. There was a complaint from a coworker because they could not cut through my cubicle to get to the copier which I do understand. I told them they can close it or leave it slightly open. I am hoping to give Duchess a chance to experience a more peaceful experience at work than it has been over the past two years. I know my experience with having Duchess at work has been tremendously difficult and so many issues that I never expected.  I know I am blessed to have Duchess in my life but I assumed that it would be easier to have here with me at work. I am disturbed to see all the issues or complaints that have been brought up and all of them have been unfounded.

I know the door will not solve all the complaints but I think management is finding that the complaints are not valid and in fact is not stating  they are not going to address the complaints further because none of them have been true or valid complaints. I know I work with a bunch of complainers but I never dreamed I would be targeted because I have Duchess with me. Duchess is such a wonderful dog and I follow strict service dog protocol for grooming. I bath her weekly and is brushed 3 to 4 times a week. I am not sure how much more I could be doing but I have a feeling there is nothing I could do to change the complaints. Thankfully the door might give me a break from all the complaints hopefully. It really can stress me out tremendously dealing with all the issues I have faced. As much as I hate to admit it I seem unable to always handle really stressful situations like I used to and reducing some work stress will be nice. I honestly already love that I will not be as distracted because the wall is there and I know I will have less interruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment