Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Back on Track

I know nights like last night really make for a long day. I went to bed a little earlier than usual due to being tired and stressed about my blood sugars in general. I wake up around 1:30am  where I was low and I treated it but I was unable to get back to sleep. So I just lay in bed for the remaining hours hoping I can get back to sleep. I know with some bad nights recently and with not waking up at my normal time I was I think making it difficult to sleep. Thankfully I did get a little sleep but not my normal amount which does really help on days like today when I have meetings when I need to be sharp and alert. So I am sure I will be pushing the caffeine today but at least I was not low all night last night and I made more basal changes and probably will until I can reduce the lows completely at night but only having one low was a great improvement.

The weather in Texas has cooled dramatically over the past week or so. Thankfully it is starting to warm back up. Duchess I always try to keep her warm as possible to make it easier for her to concentrate on her job. She was funny yesterday when she pulled her sweater out of my back pack around 3pm and wanted me to put it on. I thought it was interesting that she was telling me in her little way that she was cold. I know working in a 75 year old building that it is quite drafty and can be colder so I always have a blanket on her dog cot for her to lay on or be underneath it. She is quite smart in that she let me know that she was getting cold and wanted to warm up. I know she seemed pretty happy once I put on her dog fleece sweater which she loves to wear when its cold. I know Duchess in general really prefers warmer weather and not cold weather and thankfully we live in Texas where at least most of the time it is warmer. I really appreciate that Duchess is smart enough to let me know that at times when she needs a little extra warmth so I don't have to guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment