Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lows and Highs

                    Today was a rough start to the day. I got up and I was low treated it and ate a gluten free bar. Then started to get ready for work. Then the Dexcom goes off again I am low and it keeps going lower. I had lowered the basal -20% and then I increased it to to -40% but was still going low all the way too work. I have to walk a distance to get to my building on the University of Texas campus. So I put my pump on suspend and still ended up going low. I have been low for around 3 hours today and It is less than ideal. I have gone through this quite a few times but I think the holidays are not helping. I end up over doing and it catches up with me.
              Then I shot up to 200 shortly after my last low. I am hoping that things will calm down the rest of the day because I am really tired and it's only 10 in the morning. I am happy to report that at least I am not low now. I know I get stressed before I fly out of town because I hate to forget anything. I am not a light packer. So tomorrow should be much smoother after I am done packing.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Scott.It has been a rough Diabetes day all around but at least it did not slow me down too much at work.

    ReplyDelete