Monday, December 17, 2012

Best Explanation

                   I have been rushing around this past weekend trying to get as much last minute details taken care of before I leave on vacation. I was out and about doing some last minute shopping but I can only do so much because frankly I don't know how to pack light at all when I travel it is something I am working on. I also have to pack for Duchess who has lots of stuff she needs as well. When I was out shopping I was at a Hobby Lobby looking for decorative plastic bags to put my coworkers fudge I was making.  There was these two young kids with their mother. The little boy see Duchess and asks his mother why would their be a dog in a store. The mother said it's a helper dog. The boy did not quite understand what that meant so the mother further explained that their is certain functions that I could not longer do myself that the dog helps me with. The little boy and girl look at their mother and say that is so cool. This is one of the best explanations I have ever heard from a parent and the kids seemed to really understand. I know through all my experiences I really wish more parents would take the time to educate the kids as to why I do have a service dog with me. I know recently my main issue has been adults who do not understand that Duchess is a service dog. Then speak with the manager and then I get bugged while I am trying to shop. I know I will never have a normal shopping experience again but would be nice not to deal with security or management constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment