Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Inspired by Other's

                  I have had the pleasure of meeting a really wonderful person who I ride the bus with two days a week. She not only know most of the people in the neighborhood but she goes out of her way to get to know them. I do not know many people who know most of their neighbors these days. She struggle with diabetes like the rest of us do. I know she had said a few weeks back the Dr. wanted to put her on a second pill. She told the nurse she wanted to try and see if she could work more on her diet to avoid a second medication. I know she spends quite a bit of time walking, and swimming. I know I really respect all her work she does to try and keep her diabetes in control. She is out there everyday doing it and does not complain. She is very upbeat and does not seem to let it faze her. I think type 1 and type 2 are both difficult but we are defiantly better working together as a team.

                   My grandfather is a type 2 diabetic and did not even bother to tell us when he got diagnosed but I think he knew we would be pushing for him to take better care of himself. He currently does not do anything of things he should for his diabetes. I wish he could be more like my friend. My friend on the bus she does work at it everyday. I know we all have our bad days but it is nice to talk to someone in person who understands as well. I know she was disappointed that they were talking about a second pill but I have to give her a great deal of credit not giving up and to keep on trying to improve things. Diabetes will never be easy for any typed of diabetes but I admire her stamina and persistence. I know when I have a bad week I love to share Kerri's  you can do this video's. I think it is also great to remember that we will all good and bad days.



Thank you my great friend. I appreciated all your help this morning. I have enjoyed getting to know you and I am honored that you take the time to read my blog. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and I will see you when I get back.

http://youtu.be/YyxqLauFVrM    Kerri's you can do this video




No comments:

Post a Comment