Monday, April 30, 2012

Things I have learned.

I really need a reminder sometimes that listening to my diabetic alert dog really is in my best interest. I was sitting at my desk at work today and had just finished lunch about 1:15 before that. Duchess paws at my leg to let me know that my blood sugar is moving down. I was thinking to myself there is no way it was low after over an hour. So I ignore her and go back to working. Then Duchess being the character she is gets upset with me. She picks up her water dish that she just finished drinking out and throws it at my leg. She is getting really agitated with me at this point. So I tell her I will test right now so she will leave me alone for two minutes. I test it was 65. Goes to show you that she was right again.


Honestly I need a dog who is very persistent. I can get into quite a fog when I drop quickly and Duchess always seems to get my attention one way or another. She knows me all too well. I get so hyper focused on my work from time to time its almost to easy to ignore things like my blood sugar. One of these days I will learn to consistently listen to my diabetic alert dog until then I will continue to attempt at doing so.


Life with Duchess has been quite entertaining to say the least. I had no idea that having a service dog with a personality meant the water dish being thrown at me but I guess it does. She has so much more personality than I ever expected to see in a service dog. She is a blessing and at the same time drives me crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment